As we age, we gradually lose hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring compound produced by the body that helps your skin to maintain its moisture level. As the amount of hyaluronic acid in the skin decreases, so too does the volume in your face. Your skin becomes less elastic, resulting in wrinkles and lines.
We can use dermal fillers to replenish lost hyaluronic acid, refreshing your skin for a revitalised, more youthful appearance.
Dermal filler treatments are quick, and discomfort is minimal. Treatment duration varies by the number of problem areas you would like us to treat, but in some cases, the procedure time can be as short as 10 minutes.
The treatment involves injecting a gel into the problem areas with a small, fine needle.
First, we will clean your skin, and we may also anaesthetise the treatment areas with a cream if needed, to make you more comfortable during the procedure.
We will then mark out the injection sites and administer small amounts of filler to these areas..
There are a few things you should avoid before your appointment to achieve the best results from any dermal filler treatment and prevent unwanted side effects,
- Do not use any chemicals or soaps on your face that irritate your skin
- Do not wear any makeup on the day of your procedure
- Avoid exercise on the day of your treatment
- Avoid caffeine on the day of your treatment
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before your treatment
You should also inform the clinic if you:
- Have an active infection
- Have cold sores
- Take blood thinners
For optimal results, there are a few things you should do after you have undergone a dermal filler treatment:
- Do not rub or massage the treatment areas
- Avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours
- Do not apply make up for 24 hours
There are several benefits to having dermal filler treatments, including:
- Immediate results – You should notice the rejuvenating effects of dermal fillers very soon after your procedure.
- No downtime – Unlike plastic surgery procedures, you won’t have to factor in any recovery time. As long as you take it relatively easy, you can continue with your day immediately after dermal filler treatment.
- Long-lasting results – In many cases, dermal filler treatments can last for a year or more. You may need touch-up treatments after 4 to 6 months.
- Natural ingredients – Dermal fillers are made using substances that occur naturally in your skin.
You may have some swelling, bruising or redness around the injection sites.
Areas we commonly treat with dermal fillers include:
- Under-eye area